Why is mobile gaming popular in India?
The rise of mobile gaming sector in India can be attributed to few factors listed in this article.
Mobile gaming is one of the fastest growing sectors in India, which currently stands at $ 1.2 billion and is predicted to increase to $ 3 billion by 2023. But have you ever wondered, why is it gaining so much popularity in India?
The popularity can be majorly attributed to the following factors:
- ‘Mobile-first’ country — India is a ‘mobile-first’ country and most of the times when Indians come online, it is primarily via mobile phones.
- Portability of mobile phones — Mobile phones offer the option to play anytime, anywhere, making gaming more available on the go for the users.
- Affordable and better smartphones — With so many smartphone brands available in the market providing a variety of phones, it has become easier and inexpensive for the people of India to own a smartphone. With time, the screen size of smartphones have increased and their prices have decreased.
- Mobile data penetration — After the Jio wave that had hit India, the mobile data became affordable and post that all the mobile network service providers started offering cheaper mobile data packs to the users. The service providers have also improved their network connectivity over the years, making the multiplayer mobile games accessible to the users.
- Better graphics-The mobile games nowadays look increasingly realistic featuring ‘console-like’ graphics and increased compatibility with mobile screens.
Apart from the above factors, we can see that the purchasing power of the people of the country has also increased over the years, making it easier for more number of people to afford goods and services.
Disclaimer: This disclaimer informs readers that the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the author, and not necessarily to the author’s employer, organization, committee or other group or individual.